AUSTRALIA DAY QUIZ - Terms and Conditions
How well do you know Australia?!
In the lead up to Australia Day on Friday 26 January 2017, the Australian High Commission, Apia Samoa will be holding an Australia Day Quiz to test your Australian knowledge!
We invite all Samoan citizens or permanent residents, aged 18 or over and currently resident in Samoa, to enter.
HOW IT WORKS
The Australia Day Quiz will run from Monday 9 January 2017 to Thursday 25 January 2017 on our Facebook page.
Each day, at 9.00am (Samoa time), we will post one question testing your Australian general knowledge and sports trivia. Participants have until 4.00pm (Samoa time) that day to answer the question.
All you have to do to enter is:
- Follow us on our Facebook page by clicking the ‘Like’ button below our cover photo; and
- Answer the question by commenting on our post.
Entry is free
Answer as many questions as you like (although you can only answer each question once!). The more questions you attempt, the greater your chance of winning a prize.
The first person to answer correctly each day will win an Apollo Cinema double pass. The second and third people to answer correctly each day will win an official Australia Day baseball cap.
But don’t worry if you don’t get in quick enough or didn’t have the correct answer. At the end of the competition, all participants will go in the draw to win the grand prize of two night stay at Taumeasina Island Resort for two adults and two children in a two bedroom Villa – or one of two runner’s up prizes from Taumeasina Island Resort: a FiaFia experience for four people or a WST200 credit for the Manu Bar.
We will reveal the winners of the daily prizes, together with the correct answer, on our Facebook page each day after 4.00pm (Samoa time), unless it is a weekend in which case the winner will be revealed after 9.00am (Samoa time) the next business day.
We will reveal the winner of the grand prize on our Facebook page on Australia Day, Friday 26 January 2018.
* Daily Prizes may only be won once per participant. If a participant has already won a Daily Prize, then the prize will go to the next person after them to correctly answer the question and so forth. However, all participants (including by Daily Prize winners) will go into the draw for the grand prize.
WHO CAN ENTER
To be eligible for the quiz, you must:
- Be a Samoan citizen or Samoan permanent resident, currently residing in Samoa;
- Be aged 18 or over as at the date of entering the Quiz; and
- Follow us on our Facebook Page.
If you have any questions about the Quiz, please email us at email@example.com
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING THE AUSTRALIA DAY QUIZ.
- The Australia Day Quiz (“Quiz”) is organised by the Australian High Commission, Apia Samoa (AHCS).
- These terms and conditions establish the parameters under which you are entitled to participate in the Quiz. By entering the Quiz, you confirm you have read, understood and agree to abide by, these terms and conditions.
- Subject to paragraph 4 below, the Quiz is open to all Samoan citizens and Samoan permanent residents who meet the following criteria:
- are aged 18 or over as at time of entering the Quiz: and
- follow and like Australia in Samoa on its Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/AustralianHighCommissionApiaSamoa/).
- Employees of AHCS or its attached agencies and/or their immediate family members may not enter the Quiz. Immediate family member means spouse, defacto partner, children, grandchildren, parents, grandparent and/or siblings (and their spouses).
- AHCS reserves the right to verify the eligibility of each entrant and to exclude and/or disqualify participants if they:
- do not meet the requirements set out in paragraph 1 or 2 above;
- breach these terms and conditions; and/or
- are in AHCS’s view, likely to bring AHCS into disrepute.
- The Quiz will run from 9.00am (Samoa time), Monday, 15 January 2018 to 4.00pm (Samoa time), Thursday , 25 January 2018 (“Quiz Period”) and will be conducted on AHCS’s Facebook page.
How to Enter
- Entry to the Quiz is free.
- To enter the Quiz, participants must answer questions, which will be posted on AHCS’s Facebook page throughout the duration of the Quiz Period.
- One question will be released at 9.00am (Samoa time) each day of the Quiz Period on AHCS’s Facebook page. Participants have until 4.00pm (Samoa time) that day to answer the question.
- Answers must be submitted by commenting on AHCS’s post announcing the question.
- Participants are only entitled to submit one answer per question, but can answer as many questions as they like throughout the Quiz Period.
- Answers will be deemed to be accepted once published on AHCS’s Facebook page. AHCS will not be responsible for any answer which is lost, late, incomplete or otherwise not received by AHCS for any reason, including telephone connection failures, internet failures and disruptions, and ISP problems.
- The correct answer will be posted by AHCS on its Facebook page after 4.00pm (Samoa time) each day of the Quiz Period.
- Unless otherwise specified, AHCS will not be responsible for any costs Participants incur in entering this Quiz.
- The following prizes (“Prize(s))” are available to be won in the Quiz:
- Daily prizes:
- Daily prize for first eligible entrant to post the correct answer: Double pass plus popcorn and drink from Apollo Cinemas. Subject to terms and conditions on the voucher.
- Daily prize for second and third eligible entrants to post the correct answer: baseball cap featuring the official Australia Day logo.
- Australia Day draw, open to all eligible entrants:
- Grand prize: two (2) nights accommodation (2 bedroom villa) for two (2) adults and two (2) children, all meals included, at Taumeasina Island Resort. The Grand Prize is valid for 12 months from date of issue and subject to any other terms and conditions on the voucher. Bookings are essential and subject to block out periods.
- 1st runner up: a Taumeasina Island Resort FiaFia experience for four people, valid for 12 months from date of issue and subject to any other terms and conditions on the voucher. Bookings are essential.
- 2nd runner up: WST200 credit for Taumeasina Island Resort’s Manu Bar, valid for 12 months from date of issue and subject to any other terms and conditions on the voucher. Bookings are essential.
- Daily prizes:
- The Prizes are given "as is" without any warranty, and are not exchangeable for cash.
- The Prizes are subject to the terms and conditions imposed by Apollo cinemas and Taumeasina Island Resort (as applicable) and vouchers must be redeemed by the winner directly with those entities. AHCS will not be responsible, or intervene in, any dispute between the Participant and Apollo Cinemas or Taumeasina Island Resort (as applicable)
- In the event the stated Prizes are, for any reason, unavailable, AHCS reserves the right to substitute them with an alternative prize, without prior notice. AHCS will make best endeavours to provide alternative prizes of an equivalent value.
- Unless otherwise specified in these terms and conditions, the Prize winner and not AHCS, will be responsible for any costs which may be associated with the award, acceptance, receipt or use of the Prizes, including the cost of making necessary travel arrangements to redeem the Grand Prize.
How Prize winners are selected
- Subject to paragraph 22 below, the first three (3) participants who submit the correct answers to each question will win a Daily Prize, detailed at paragraph 15.
- If a participant has previously won a Daily Prize, they will be excluded from winning another Daily Prize during the Quiz Period. However, winning a Daily Prize does not preclude a participant from going in the draw to win the Grand Prize.
- In the event one (1) of the first three (3) correct answers to a question is submitted by a person who has already won a Daily Prize, that Prize will revert to the participant who submitted the next quickest correct answer and so on.
- All participants during the Quiz Period (including by Daily Prize winners), will be eligible to go in the draw to win the Grand Prize.
- The winner of the Grand Prize will be drawn randomly by AHCS from all participants during the Quiz Period, following the conclusion of the Quiz Period.
- AHCS’s decisions as to the winners of the Prizes shall be final and AHCS will not enter into any further correspondence in this respect.
- In the event it is discovered after selection of a Prize winner that they do not meet the Quiz eligibility requirements or if they are subsequently disqualified by AHCS, AHCS will have the right to re-select a winner in accordance with these terms and conditions.
How winners will be notified
- Daily Prize winners will be published by AHCS on its Facebook page after 4.00pm (Samoan time) each day during the Quiz Period by ‘tagging’ them in AHCS’s post, unless it is a weekend, in which case the Daily Prize winners will be published by AHCS on its Facebook page on the next business day.
- The winner of the Grand Prize will be published on AHCS’s Facebook Page on 26 January 2018 by tagging them in AHCS’s post.
- AHCS will also notify each Prize winner on Facebook Messenger within two business days of publishing the result. At this time, AHCS will also seek their details (name, age) (“Personal Details”) and contact details, to organise collection of the Prizes.
- Prize winners must provide the Personal Details and contact details within five (5) business days of the request by AHCS. If the winner fails to provide AHCS with the requested details within this timeframe, they will forfeit their Prize and AHCS reserves the right to select another winner, in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- For the avoidance of doubt, all correspondence will be deemed to be successful once recorded as sent by AHCS and once received by AHCS on its Facebook Page and/or computer records.
- Apart from as specified in paragraphs 28 to 30 above, AHCS will not be obliged to issue any reminder or further notification regarding the collection of the Prizes.
- Each participant is required to notify AHCS immediately if there is any update to their Personal Details, contact details or Facebook account details.
Collecting the Prizes
- Prize winners may be required to show their birth certificate, passport, driving license or other appropriate form of photo identification, in order to redeem their Prizes.
- No correspondence regarding these terms and conditions will be entertained. AHCS reserves its rights to determine an outcome and act as it deems fit in any dispute(s) and/or issue(s) relating thereto.
Privacy and intellectual property
- Each Quiz participant grants AHCS the right to use his/her Personal Details, likeness, comments and/or Quiz content for promotional purposes without payment of additional consideration, except where prohibited by law. This includes but is not limited to announcing the result of the Quiz or publishing Prize winners on AHCS’s Facebook page.
Indemnity and limitation of liability
- Each Quiz participant agrees to indemnify, release and hold harmless AHCS from any liability, damages, losses or injury resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from that person’s participation in the Quiz and the acceptance, use or misuse of any Prize that may be won.
- To the extent permitted by law, AHCS is not liable for any direct, special, indirect or consequential damages, or any other damages of any kind, including but not limited to losses of revenue, goodwill or reputation, or computer viruses, arising in relation to a person’s participation in the Quiz.
- AHCS is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the Quiz, including but not limited to, errors in any publishing of these terms and conditions, selection or announcement of any winner, or distribution of any Prize.
- AHCS reserves the right to vary, amend, delete or supplement any of these terms and conditions, at any time, in its sole absolute discretion and without prior notice and a participants’ continued participation in the Quiz amounts to acceptance of these revised terms and conditions.
- Participants should ensure they check AHCS’s Facebook page on a regular basis for any changes. If a Participant does not agree to a change, they may withdraw from the Quiz by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Failure to enforce any of these terms and conditions by AHCS in any instance(s) does not constitute any waiver by AHCS of its rights which shall be expressly reserved.
- If, for any reason, any aspect of the Quiz is not capable of being run as planned, including by way of a computer virus or causes beyond the control of AHCS, AHCS reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Quiz, at its sole discretion. In the event of such cancellation, termination or modification, AHCS may at its absolute discretion elect not to award any Prizes in respect of this Quiz.