VACANCIES: PROGRAM MANAGER - DEVELOPMENT
SALARY: WST 69,672 – 79,948
The Australian High Commission invites applications for Program Manager - Development positions.
The Role: Program Managers are responsible for supporting the implementation of Australia’s aid program in Samoa. This includes overseeing all aspects of the program, including design, implementation and monitoring. They are also responsible for the performance the investments, ensuring outcomes against the investment including funds accountability and risk management.
Please see the detailed job description for further information.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or a minimum of five years relevant work experience in development or a related field.
- Experience in program management, financial management, contract management and monitoring and evaluation.
- A background in development including cross cutting issues of gender, disability and climate change, and an understanding of the economic, political and social issues facing development in Samoa.
- Highly developed oral and written English communication skills.
Applications: Applications must comprise of three components:
- a Curriculum Vitae outlining personal details, relevant work experience, educational qualifications and skills (maximum two pages),
- contact details for two referees,
- a one to two page pitch of no more than 1000 words outlining how the applicant’s skills, experience and qualifications meets the Selection Criteria and makes them the best person for the job.
Eligibility requirements: The position requires fluency in Samoan and English languages (written and oral) and an unrestricted driver licence. Employment offers will be subject to satisfactory police and medical checks, and successful completion of a probationary period of three months.
Completed applications can be:
- Emailed to: Apia.Admin@dfat.gov.au
- Delivered to the Australian High Commission on Beach Road, Apia during business hours
- Or mailed to:
Vacancy: Program Manager - Development
Australian High Commission
PO Box 704
Closing time/date: 16.00pm on Monday, 12 November 2018
Please note that applications will not be acknowledged and only short listed applicants will be contacted regarding an interview.