News, speeches and media
News from Australian Government agencies
- News from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- News from Austrade (the Australian Trade and Investment Commission)
- News from Tourism Australia
- News from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection
- More Australian Government departments and agencies
News from Australian Government Ministers
- News from the Prime Minister of Australia
- News from Ministers for the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- More Australian Government Ministers
NAIDOC Week Quiz
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING THE NAIDOC WEEK QUIZ.
- The NAIDOC Week Quiz (“Quiz”) is organised by the Australian High Commission, Samoa (AHCS).
- These terms and conditions establish the parameters under which you are entitled to participate in the Quiz. By entering the Quiz, you confirm you have read, understood and agree to abide by, these terms and conditions.
- Subject to paragraph 4below, the Quiz is open to all Samoan citizens and Samoan permanent residents who meet the following criteria:
- Currently reside in Samoa
- are aged 18 or over as at time of entering the Quiz: and
- follow and like Australia in Samoa on its Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/AusHCSamoa/).
- Employees of AHCS or its attached agencies and/or their immediate family members may not enter the Quiz. Immediate family member means spouse, defacto partner, and children.
- AHCS reserves the right to verify the eligibility of each entrant and to exclude and/or disqualify participants if they:
- do not meet the requirements set out in paragraph 1 or 2 above;
- breach these terms and conditions; and/or
- are in AHCS’s view, likely to bring AHCS into disrepute.
- The Quiz will run from any time after 9.00am (WST), Monday 4 July to 5.00pm (WST), Saturday 9 July 2022 (“Quiz Period”) and will be conducted on AHCS’s Facebook page @AusHCSamoa.
How to Enter
- Entry to the Quiz is free.
- To enter the Quiz, participants must answer questions correctly, which will be posted on AHCS’s Facebook page throughout the duration of the Quiz Period.
- One question will be released any time after 9.00am (WST) each day of the Quiz Period on AHCS’s Facebook page. Participants have until 4.00pm (WST) that same day to answer the question.
- Answers must be submitted by commenting on AHCS’s post announcing the question.
- Participants are only entitled to submit one answer per question but can answer as many questions as they like throughout the Quiz Period.
- Answers will be deemed to be accepted once published on AHCS’s Facebook page. AHCS will not be responsible for any answer which is lost, late, incomplete or otherwise not received by AHCS for any reason, including telephone connection failures, internet failures and disruptions, and ISP problems.
- The correct answer will be posted by AHCS on its Facebook page after 4.00pm (WST) each day of the Quiz Period.
- Unless otherwise specified, AHCS will not be responsible for any costs Participants incur in entering this Quiz.
- The following prizes (“Prize(s))” are available to be won in the Quiz:
- Daily prizes:
- Daily prize(s) for eligible entrant(s) will be chosen at random.
- Daily prizes will comprise of some or all of the following items:
- Daily prizes:
- Australian made ‘Keep Cup’
- Samoa-Australia bilateral thermal flask
- Indigenous flash cards by Riley Callie Resources
- Australian history book: Meeting the Waylo: Aboriginal Encounters in the Archipelago by Tiffany Shellam.
- Australian children’s book: I Love Me by Sally Morgan, Ambelin Kqaymullina
- Australian non-fiction: My Tidda, My Sister (Stories of Strength and Resilience from Australia's First Women) by Marlee Silva
- Australian poetry book: Kindred by Kirli Saunders
- Samoa-Australia bilateral cap
- Samoa-Australia bilateral t-shirt
- The Prizes are given "as is" without any warranty and are not exchangeable for cash.
- In the event the stated Prizes are, for any reason, unavailable, AHCS reserves the right to substitute them with an alternative prize, without prior notice. AHCS will make best endeavours to provide alternative prizes of an equivalent value.
- Unless otherwise specified in these terms and conditions, the Prize winner and not AHCS, will be responsible for any costs which may be associated with the award, acceptance, receipt or use of the Prizes, including the cost of making necessary travel arrangements to redeem the Prize.
How Prize winners are selected
- Subject to paragraph 22 below, those participants who submit the correct answers to each question will go into a draw and picked at random to win a Daily Prize.
- If a participant has previously won a Daily Prize, they will be excluded from winning another Daily Prize during the Quiz Period.
- AHCS’s decisions as to the winners of the Prizes shall be final and AHCS will not enter into any further correspondence in this respect.
- In the event it is discovered after selection of a Prize winner that they do not meet the Quiz eligibility requirements or if they are subsequently disqualified by AHCS, AHCS will have the right to re-select a winner in accordance with these terms and conditions.
How winners will be notified
- Daily Prize winners will be published by AHCS on its Facebook page after 4.00pm (WST) each day during the Quiz Period by ‘tagging’ them in AHCS’ post, unless it is a weekend or public holiday, in which case the Daily Prize winners will be published by AHCS on its Facebook page on the next business day.
- AHCS will also notify each Prize winner on Facebook Messenger within two business days of publishing the result. At this time, AHCS will also seek their details (name, age) (“Personal Details”) and contact details, to organise collection of the Prizes.
- Prize winners must provide the Personal Details and contact details within five (5) business days of the request by AHCS. If the winner fails to provide AHCS with the requested details within this timeframe, they will forfeit their Prize and AHCS reserves the right to select another winner, in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- For the avoidance of doubt, all correspondence will be deemed to be successful once recorded as sent by AHCS and once received by AHCS on its Facebook Page and/or computer records.
- Apart from as specified in paragraphs 24 and 25 above, AHCS will not be obliged to issue any reminder or further notification regarding the collection of the Prizes.
- Each participant is required to notify AHCS immediately if there is any update to their Personal Details, contact details or Facebook account details.
Collecting the Prizes
Prize winners may be required to show their birth certificate, passport, driving license or other appropriate form of photo identification, in order to redeem their Prizes.
Prize winners are to collect their prizes from Australian High Commission office located on Main Beach Road, Mulivai, between normal office hours.
No correspondence regarding these terms and conditions will be entertained. AHCS reserves its rights to determine an outcome and act as it deems fit in any dispute(s) and/or issue(s) relating thereto.
Privacy and intellectual property
Each Quiz participant grants AHCS the right to use his/her Personal Details, likeness, comments and/or Quiz content for promotional purposes without payment of additional consideration, except where prohibited by law. This includes but is not limited to announcing the result of the Quiz or publishing Prize winners on AHCS’s Facebook page.
Indemnity and limitation of liability
Each Quiz participant agrees to indemnify, release and hold harmless AHCS from any liability, damages, losses or injury resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from that person’s participation in the Quiz and the acceptance, use or misuse of any Prize that may be won.
To the extent permitted by law, AHCS is not liable for any direct, special, indirect or consequential damages, or any other damages of any kind, including but not limited to losses of revenue, goodwill or reputation, or computer viruses, arising in relation to a person’s participation in the Quiz.
AHCS is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the Quiz, including but not limited to, errors in any publishing of these terms and conditions, selection or announcement of any winner, or distribution of any Prize.
AHCS reserves the right to vary, amend, delete or supplement any of these terms and conditions, at any time, in its sole absolute discretion and without prior notice and a participants’ continued participation in the Quiz amounts to acceptance of these revised terms and conditions.
Participants should ensure they check AHCS’s Facebook page on a regular basis for any changes. If a Participant does not agree to a change, they may withdraw from the Quiz by emailing [email protected]
Failure to enforce any of these terms and conditions by AHCS in any instance(s) does not constitute any waiver by AHCS of its rights which shall be expressly reserved.
If, for any reason, any aspect of the Quiz is not capable of being run as planned, including by way of a computer virus or causes beyond the control of AHCS, AHCS reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Quiz, at its sole discretion. In the event of such cancellation, termination or modification, AHCS may at its absolute discretion elect not to award any Prizes in respect of this Quiz.